Monday 6 June 2011

In other news...

Ok, so I'm getting ear-ache from the missus for not including her in my blog, therefore I apologise to those of you out there who just wanna read about poker stuff - you may wanna switch off now... I will post a little graph for my month so far at the bottom, but it hasnt really changed much from the last one so this blog entry is a bit more to do with the life outside poker bit...

Last week, my beloved man utd obviously got thrashed by the best team in the world...ever... and i was feeling a little down, so Jaime sent me a little suffen in an attempt to cheer me up: 

Nice shirt ;-)

Pretty much did the trick, and i quickly forgot about the fact that Barcelona are sooooooo far ahead not just technically, but tactically too (fair play to Guardiola - for a relatively young manager, he really seems to know his stuff). Anyway, enough of that, far too depressing - time to introduce you to Lara, our pet dog, who is coming up to 2 years old now.

 

She's a Rottweiler/Akita cross and a bit of a handful, but we wouldnt want it any other way because she is so much fun, and a great companion during those long days and nights grinding online. Taking her for a good walk on the beach or through the woods is the perfect tonic for any bad beat ;-)

Now I did tell my online poker friend Spunky Tupper (yes, thats his name), who i did actually have the pleasure to meet on a PKR golf/poker weekend a few months ago in Birmingham (yours truly won the poker tournament btw - just thought i'd get that in, ha!), that I'd make him even more jealous of me and my fishing buddies with a  few pictures of my fish supper last night - fresh mackerel this time time - probably my favourite, simply pan fried in little butter and served with a wedge of lemon and some brown sliced bread - just perfect!

  

I'll often bake it whole, but decided to fillet it and do a bit of pin-boning, for a mini boneless feast. Oh and dont worry, we dont keep giraffe-head ornaments in our living room - Jaime is in a Lion King production with the local am-drams, and has been doing her bit for the props!

Anyway, I wont babble on anymore - was gonna include some golf stuff, but think I'll leave that for the next post - will take my phone and see if i can get my swing on camera, and Welllbet can tear into my golf swing like i tore into hers - haha!! Had my first 9 holes since the climbing accident at the weekend and shot 4 over which i was pretty pleased about all things considered, but want to get on the range and wake up those golfing muscles properly, as they have been lying dormant for soooo long!

As promised, here's a quick update on the poker month thus far...


Still a little below EV but running ok, and fairly happy so far.

2 comments:

  1. when will see a oneplaner crushing high stakeS? cheers //japete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! When i get my roll to $50k+ mate! (Next year maybe...;-)

    ReplyDelete